Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Bail ME out!

Yeah - I KNOW there's a recession...every news broadcast and headline tells us so...Layoffs, foreclosures, buy outs and bail outs. So as a concerned citizen, I try to fuel the economy every chance I get...You'd think my husband, being as fiscally responsible as he is, would appreciate my efforts - but he clearly doesn't believe that leather bags and designer jeans are an appropriate stimulus package...He always dives into the "mother nature" talk - as I call it...because he references saving for a rainy day stuff. I don't particularly like rainy days - so I counter with another nature saying..."buy shoes when the sun shines..." or something like that I'm sure!
Besides, if we really are on the brink of something catastrophic, then where in heck are the thousands of cars going every morning when I'm trying to get to the office. There I sit, recession-bound on the Queensway - surrounded by Audi's BMWs and the odd Lexus suffering the same plight! And, on the weekends, when I'm I'm trying to do my part to revitalize this poor, down trodden economy, I can't find a parking spot at the mall! I don't think our town got the memo...because nothing seems all that different here...

No comments:

Post a Comment